Powered by Blogger.

Girls/Moms Night In Best Classic (Sisterhood) Movies



When my bestie came over recently and we had one of our deep soulful conversations, she asked me what I miss the most about my homeland and former culture. I thought for a second and I realized the only thing that was very strong in my former life as "Sisterhood", it was traditionally the big bond between women in my family until today and old best friends in my life that played the missing family while living as an immigrant in Libya. Sisterhood is what I miss the most, and every reunion I have with my best friends, especially the old ones who know me before Sweden is a kind of soul revival to me and to my connection with my lost identity. 

My eyes teared when I started talking about it because as I break the "toxic cultural religion/male domination" pattern in my ancestor's bloodline so it doesn't go further to my daughters,  I end up isolated from my "relatives" sisterhood. Being a hypocrite to staying in touch, will not be true to myself and who really I am. I have a group of online friends like myself who are immigrants/multiple language keepers besides Arabic, religion-free and feminists. in different countries like; Malta, Italy, Holand, Germany, USA, Canada and even China whom I relate to and have our monthly chats to comfort each other, but I still do really grieve the sisterhood in my community very badly! 

Here are some movie recommendations:


Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
Thelma & Louise (1991)
Little Women (1994)
How to Make an American Quilt (1995)
The First Wives Club(1996)
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002)
The book club (2018)

 

post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?