Powered by Blogger.

American Fluffy Pancakes

Hello guys! This recipe was requested by my Instagram followers when I posted photos of my Saturday brunch with my friend Lina. But these photos are taken a few years ago. I usually like the classic American topping which is butter, syrup, and bacon to the side hmmmmm yum yum.. but I usually do what works for my household that is why I add a Swedish touch to my international food. 

If you are interested in the Swedish pancakes recipe, here it is 



Ingredients

Makes: 12 pancakes

150g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon caster sugar
225ml milk
1 egg
1 knob of butter, melted
butter or oil for frying

Method 

Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Make a well in the center. Pour in the milk, then add the egg and melted butter. Beat well till the pancake batter is smooth.

Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or vegetable oil. To test to see if the pan is hot enough, flick a bit of water on the pan. If it sizzles, it is ready. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan.

Cook each pancake till bubbles appear on the surface and the edges have gone slightly dry. Flip each pancake and cook for a minute or two on the reverse side, till golden brown.

Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup and fresh berries. Enjoy!



Photo from the brunch on Instagram stories 

post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?