Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Cuisine: Swedish Hot Dog Dish (Korvstroganoff)

One of my favorite Swedish Cuisine dishes. First time I saw it I thought it was an Indian dish because it looked at first like Tikka Masala. Than I realized it was made from the Swedish Hot Dog "falukorv".  

Because I love saucey food, I looked for the recipe and I surprised my hubby with it one day. Since then it became one of our usual family food recipes. I do not know if one can try the same cooking method with a different sort of Hot Dog brand. But I guess it is worth it to try :-) 



Ingredients 
4 servings of rice
400 g of sliced ​​sausage (hot dog)
2 finely chopped onions
2 dl cream
1 dl water
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tbsp Chinese soy
salt and pepper
1 tbsp oil for frying

 Ps: 1 dl liquid = 100ml 
Method 

This recipe is designed for 4 servings. When you change the number of servings will also change the amount of ingredients. 

Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
Fry sausage in oil in a pan for about 5 minutes. 
Add the onion and saute for another minute.
Add cream, water, tomato paste and Chinese soybean. Cook for 10 minutes. 
Season with salt and pepper.

To serve: Serve the rice and cabbage salad on the side.



post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?