Powered by Blogger.

Ivory Coast: Frensh effect on Africa



Here I am in west africa, in a frensh speaking country again! I wake up hearing the Frensh greetings coming to me from everywhere, I find my petit-déjeuner ready on the table in frensh style. I set in the garden of the villa and get my daily cup of coffee while surfing on internet, by the way coffee is très délicieux.

I am being called tatta here by everyone, first I thought its only the kids than the maids start calling me the same. I get so shy of how nice they are all to me. Once I told my host that I prefre light dinner such as soup and since than everyday the chef made me my own special dinner many types of soup each time and he is also being so creative with my salads. For my lunch he cooked for me westren frensh meals and by the way the sea food here is parfaite et fraîche.

When I say Frensh meal it also mean the classic rules for the home food table, setting and waiting to be served one thing each time, starter than the main meal than eating the desert is a must for them, it takes lots of time and I shouldnt leave the table until its all done, not to mention the meals fixed timing, all on time; Breakfast at 8:30, Lunch at 12:00 and Dinner at 7:00 , that is so much for me, I like simple  and relax living without rules.

I still didnt go on tour around the city yet, only yesterday I went with my host to her work and we went for lunch after in a very nice place, she promised on weekend she shall take me around. I do not mind in fact I am in love with her house garden, all I want to do is kick back, relax and read.

So do you, right!

xxx

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?