Powered by Blogger.

Year resolutions: Matcha Tea



Isn't it good to be addicted to self-improvement and healthy life habits? but in moderation :-). In all my previous diets... and perhaps why I succeed in the fasting methods is that I always have a day or two "break" here and there to not be so hard on myself. Striving for total perfection is not healthy and we as complex human beings have other needs and self aspects than just the physical body. So doing everything in moderation is my key to a content lifestyle, with self-acceptance as the main base, followed by self-compassion and combined with the satisfaction that comes with self-discipline, it makes me feel I am doing the right thing. At least for this phase of life, until the new future, "updated version" of myself proves me wrong XD. 





The tea ..... I am a herbal tea lover, and I always keep a big cup of tea nearby. I have a collection of tea sorts that are for different occasions. Morning tea, afternoon and before-bed tea are part of my sleep hygiene, to guarantee a good night's sleep that I have been lacking the past year and a half due to pregnancy and the newborn period. A good night's sleep keeps me balanced and calms the next day. As I mentioned before in previous posts I keep tracking my sleep with my watch and I see the quality of my sleep and what affects it.

For example, if I took the right bedtime supplement, drank the sleep herbal tea, and no alcohol, and kept good sleep hygiene by not bringing up sensitive topics before bed, watching tv or getting exposed to led light (see study here about led light effect on sleep, reducing the quality to 50%). I see great results the next day on my watch app. However, on the other hand, on the days I skip the mentioned sleep rituals, I get high REM sleep sometimes, sometimes more than 25%, which can be a sign of depression if it keeps happening continuously. 

Matcha tea guarantees me a good relaxed day and helps me maintain a good mood with the kids. It affects my sleep routine positively each day. Here are some of the reasons why Matcha tea is good for us, from the health line website


1. High in antioxidants
2. May help protect the liver
3. Boosts brain function
4. May help prevent cancer
5. May promote heart health
6. Helps you lose weight
7. Matcha tea is very easy to prepare



post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?