Powered by Blogger.

Metta Meditation And Peace Treaty


"writeen by audio /auto writing"

Metta meditation helps us become a friend with ourselves and with others, we begin with an aspiration "may I be" and we transcend the level of aspiration and look deeply at all the positive and negative characteristics of the object of our meditation. In this case the willingness to love is not yet love, we look deeply with all our being in order to understand. We don't just repeat the words it's not an autosuggestion. We look deeply in our body, our feelings by perception or mental formation and our consciousness and in just a few weeks, the aspiration to love will become a deep intention. Love will instruct our words and our actions and we will notice that we have become peaceful and happy. We embody it in our spirit by this love meditation.

We begin practising this love meditation on ourselves "may I". Until we are able to love and take care of ourselves, we cannot be of much help to others until we are done with ourselves, after that we practice another "may he-she" on someone we love and finally on someone who makes us suffer.

May I be peaceful happy and light in body and spirit. 
May I be safe and free from injury and may be free from anger affliction fear and anxiety.
May I learn to look at myself for the eyes of understanding and love and I'll be able to recognize and touch the seeds of joy and happiness in myself.
May I learn to identify and see the sources of anger craving and delusion in myself.
May I know how to nourish the seeds of joy in myself every day.
May I be able to live fresh solvent-free.

May I be free from attachment to the version but not being different, love is not just the intention to love but it is the capacity to reduce pain at all for peace and happiness practice of love increases our forbearance. With the capacity to be patient and embrace difficulties in pain if our heart is large, we can embrace pain without suffering. 

Forbearance does not mean that we try to suppress the pain we experience from our partners, or families. Not to be caught in blaming and fighting. We can sign a peace treaty we say:

"Darling I know there's a seat of anger in you I know that every time I talk to you (the person's name), I see that if you suffer then you make me suffer also. I will make this vow to refrain from watering the seed of angering you. I promise of course I also promise not to water the seed of anger in me please darling see if you can make the same kind of commitment in your daily life please don't read or view or consume anything that waters the seed of anger and violence in you.. you know that I have in me seed of anger that is big enough and every time you water that seed by saying something or doing something I suffer and I make you suffer so let us be intelligent and not water the seed of violence and anger in each other."

That is part of the peace treaty that we can sign with our beloved one our partner our parents our child. It is wonderful if we can have others in our family or community witness our signing according to the peace treaty every time anger comes up we don't say or do anything we go home to ourselves and take care of our anger and we practice looking deeply by mindful meditation. 

Source: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child by Thich Nhat Hanh







post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?