Powered by Blogger.

Book Snippets: The wisdom of non-discrimination





The wisdom of non-discrimination is there in each of us, for example, my right-hand writes poetry with a pen my right hand has the wisdom of non-discrimination, It never tells my left hand-left you don't seem to be good at anything . I have written all the poems and I practise calligraphy. My right-hands never consider herself superior to my left and that's why communication and collaboration between the two hands are perfect there's no feeling of superiority or inferiority or even of equality. 

When we compare we see ourselves as superior, inferior or trying to be equal. With this kind of comparison, comes discrimination and suffering. The cells in our body collaborate with each other without discrimination. One day my left hand was holding a nail, and in my right hand a hammer. I was trying to hang a picture. I was not very mindful, so instead of pounding on the nail, I pounded on the finger in my left hand. My right-hand put the hammer down and took care of my left-hand as if she were taking care of herself, it didn't get angry at my right hand because she has the wisdom of non-discrimination. My right hand didn't say I'm taking care of you left hand you have to remember that my left hand didn't say to the right hand you've done me an injustice I want Justice to give me that hammer just so you know I know discrimination they are one it's like the trinity. 


Meditation is to look at reality in such a way that the frontier between subject and object the longer be there, we have to remove the frontier between the inquirer and the object of inquiry. If we want to understand someone we put ourselves into his skin, in order for friends or families to really understand each other they need to become each other. 

The only way to understand fully is to become the object of our understanding true understanding happens when we dismantle the barrier between the object of understanding and the subject of understanding. Suppose we give something to someone but with the wisdom of non-discrimination, we see that there is no giver and receiver. If we still think that we are "The Giver" and the other person is "The receiver" then that's not a perfect feeling we can use because the other person is in need of what we're using and the ACT is very natural.

 If we're really practising generosity we won't say "he's not grateful at all", we won't have these kinds of ideas. If we practice mindfulness we can begin to recognise the presence of Manas within us hey we're aware of the tendencies of non-us we can use mindfulness concentration and insight to transform these tendencies and nurture the wisdom of non-discrimination. When we don't run away from our suffering but we recognize it and embrace it and look deeply into it begin to transform. peace, liberation and enlightenment manifest.

In our own life, we need to be able to see what we need for our happiness we also need to assess the needs of the people in our family our community and our society. When we know what is needed, so we know what to do, we have an aim. I know we act in ways that help bring enough food democracy and freedom to people. When we have an aim we define our actions and the work we have to do to help lead the family/society in a positive direction. To determine if fractions are good or bad? we have to see whether it will ease toward our ultimate vision.

The wisdom of non-discrimination in our store consciousness. There's a seed that can transform the wisdom of non-discrimination, the discrimination between this and that of this against that is the foundation of a lot of suffering. It's very important to our mind consciousness to recognize this seed of the wisdom of non-discrimination that lies deep in our consciousness and help it to manifest. With the practice of mindful breathing and looking deeply we will help it finally manifest.  -  



Source: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child by Thich Nhat Hanh book 






post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?