Powered by Blogger.

My lazy day meal: Pasta casserole that you can make with ANYTHING




This is my first go-to meal when in a rush, busy, or having a lazy day. I usually use all my leftovers in this casserole bake. I make it with even my frozen vegetables, whatever protein I have starting from bacon, chicken ... whatever. Then I make what we call "stuvning" in Sweden; the creamy sauce that holds the ingredients together and makes a magical taste.  

In this specific casserole, I added my grilled chicken leftovers, frozen broccoli, and green beans, two types of pasta which I had very few left of both. And milk, cheese, butter, stock, and flour as shown in the picture below. 




Here is a basic recipe from the original source, there you can find all the details about this type of pasta bake dish. Enjoy!


Ingredients
500g / 1lb pasta (any short or long except risoni/orzo) (Note 1)
1 tbsp salt (for water)

CREAMY SAUCE (NOTE 2 FOR SUBS)
4 tbsp (60g) butter , unsalted
2 garlic cloves , minced (optional, sub 1 tsp powder)
5 tbsp flour , any (GF option Note 2)
5 cups (1.25 litres) milk , any fat, any type
2 tsp stock / bouillon cube or powder , chicken or veg
3/4 cup (75g) parmesan
1/2 tsp black pepper
CHOOSE ONE FLAVOURING (OPTIONAL)
1 tsp EACH thyme and parsley , or any other dried herbs
1/2 tsp EACH mustard, garlic, onion powder


ADD INS
8 cups Add Ins - raw or cooked meats, bacon, ham, diced vegetabes (frozen, canned, fresh), canned or fresh fish (Note 3)

FOR COOKING RAW ADD INS (LIKE RAW CHICKEN, MUSHROOMS, ZUCCHINI)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

CHEESY TOPPING
2 cups (200g) cheese , shredded (Note 4)

post signature

1 comment

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?