Powered by Blogger.

Parenting With Love and Logic

The joy of my life, and the most precious thing I ever had. The older she gets the sweeties and the incredible she becomes.  The past few days she has been on vacation and it was the longest period I have been away from her while being home. It currently not pleasant at all not having her by my side especially during the weekends. Now that she attends kindergarten daily, my time with her feels quite limited that it gets overwhelming sometimes when I count the few hours I get to spend with her between the time she comes home to school until her bedtime at 7 PM. 

Now I know exactly what my friend Asma from Rome used to tell me "try to enjoy every moment while she is still full-time home with you". Now I really feel so glad that I really did. And now part of my bonding and quality time is that I will have a "no phone zone" when she is around. Will enjoy our activities together like old school parenting days, bake and sing, paint and play and learn new things every day. It's very important to focus on the social intelligence and communication of children at an early age and I am doing my best to do things traditionally and avoid modern life defect and impact on our parenting life.  

But what is Love and Logic, exactly?

The Love and Logic formula was developed in 1977 by Jim Fay, a former school administrator, Dr. Foster Cline, a psychiatrist, and Dr. Charles Fay, a school psychologist. The three experts created the parenting model in order to help moms and dads learn how to reel in their own emotions when disciplining their children, and instead use love and empathy to teach consequences, establish boundaries and build healthy parent-child relationships. In other words, rather than yell or scold, parents should show restraint when addressing issues with their children. Read more 




post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?