Powered by Blogger.

Last-minute "put tpgether" picnic by the seaside



As a mom on maternity leave and a student during the hot summer days,  you would still want your "cake" and sometimes ... eat it too. So I wanted to seize the moment after attending a family funeral to meet my besties while they are in our city for the summer. And have a quick girl's date like the old days before I go back to studying. 

A mom is a perfect last-minute planner and knows she has no time to lose when given a kids-free opportunity.  So the FOODIE that I am XD, I went to the closest supermarket, grabbed this watermelon, tomatoes, cheese mix, truffle salami, olives, chips, crackers and nuts, some guacamole dip :P and their bubbles from the liquor store.... to run fast to the location I told the girls to meet at. 


It's our first time to have a picnic on this side of the city, which was a great idea. I found this spot (With my favorite brazil/Portugal stone floor) while bicycling with Julia last week. And was disappointed that there are no restaurants nor cafes in this amazing location with such a city, bridge, and sea view. Our city planners are so terrible, they are only focused on the practical stuff but not the *"eye candy" and enjoyment side because the city is not touristic, to begin with. It an industrial / sports fixated city. So the art and the pretty side of the city are neglected and not appreciated from what I have seen over the years of living here. So you would find factories and big tanks near the sea rather than restaurants and amusement parks.  

So I would recommend this spot for a picnic and a quick swim in our super cold waters:- ), perhaps a fast dop for refreshment.

As usual, time flies fast when you are having a good quality conversation, so 3 hours were not enough but it was worth it and better than nothing at all.  I would have gotten depressed if I went home directly from the funeral to study at home and didn't enjoy some of that hot perfect weather that day. 




*Make sure to appreciate the floor if you have an eye for artistic/design details like me.

*Eye candy: visual images that are superficially attractive and entertaining but intellectually undemanding.
"this movie looks like tasty eye candy"



No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?