2. Keep all extra bulbs and fuses together in a kit.
3. Make a loop with each strand and wrap the ends around the loop, as shown.
4. Store each strand in its own sealed one-gallon freezer bag to prevent tangling. Leave some air in the bag to act as a cushion that will protect the bulbs.
5. Stack the sealed bags in a large storage container.
Archival ornament-storage boxes (similar to shown), from $25 each,containerstore.com
1. Center the ornament on a short side of a rectangle of tissue paper (acid-free is best because it has no chemicals that can harm delicate pieces).
2. Roll the ornament in the tissue, creating a tube with a bump in the center. Fold one side over.
3. Flip the ornament over, and fold the remaining side over in the opposite direction (like a Z), creating thick padding on the sides.