1- BREAD IN BOTTLE
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread
1. In a large bowl, mix the contents of this bottle: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
2. In a small bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
3. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).
4. Scrape into a buttered and floured 9- by 5-inch loaf pan (with a 9-cup capacity), and bake in a 350° oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
2 - TOFFEE BLONDIE MIX
Toffee Blondies In A Jar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup toffee pieces or butterscotch-flavored pieces
1. In a quart glass jar, layer brown sugar, chocolate pieces, flour, baking powder, salt, nuts, and toffee pieces. Fasten lid; attach directions for making bars to jar (below).
Baking directions: :
2. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. In a large bowl combine 1/4 c. butter, 2 eggs, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Stir in jar contents. Spread into prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until set and golden brown and edges just begin to pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
nutrition facts (Toffee Blondies In A Jar)
Alternative gifts series to be continued*