Hello dear readers, I hope you all had a wonderful week and looking forward for the weekend relief. Here I have this lovely recipe to try for Sunday breakfast, afternoon tea time or to be served with warm winter soups. If you love baking in the weekend this post is for you. I hope you enjoy it ..
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps vanilin sugar (alternatively, normal sugar with 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup crushed walnuts
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar (coarse sugar) – optional for toppings
(Note: Less liquid will be generated from the zucchini when you coarsely grate it – which I have done. And because of that, I added 2 tbsps of milk to moisten the batter; On the other hand, if you finely grate it, more liquid will be generated and therefore longer baking time.)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C / 338 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients and transfer into a greased loaf tin. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Just before baking, sprinkle the loaf with walnuts and demerara sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.