Powered by Blogger.

My Home Made Pizza Dough



Hi again, I hope you all had a nice relaxing Sunday! I love Sundays at home, I spent most of my day organizing things, moving clothes for spring season and doing laundry. This afternoon I felt a great desire to bake something! I had this addiction few years ago, I was making cakes, cup cakes, brownies, pizza and all kind of favorite stuff...

Now days I guess I am in that same old mood again..I made a lovely home made pizza as you see in the photos above. Home made Pizza has nothing to do with the Pizza we order or eat out! don't you agree too? Do you also like to bake your own Pizza or you buy the ready one from supermarket? which one you think is best  and easy? 

How to make the Pizza Dough:

1 In the large bowl of a heavy duty electric mixer (such as a Kitchen Aid), add the warm water. Sprinkle on the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved. Stir to dissolve completely if needed at the end of 5 minutes.

2 Attach a mixing paddle to the mixer. Mix in the olive oil, flour, salt and sugar on low speed for about a minute. Remove the mixing paddle and replace with a dough hook. Knead using the mixer and dough hook, on low to medium speed, until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. If you don't have a mixer, you can mix and knead by hand. If the dough seems a little too wet, sprinkle on a bit more flour.
pizza-2.jpg pizza-3.jpg
3 Place ball of dough in a bowl that has been coated lightly with olive oil. Turn the dough around in the bowl so that it gets coated with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place (75-85°F) until it doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (or several hours longer, a longer rise will improve the flavor). If you don't have a warm spot in the house you can heat the oven to 150 degrees, and then turn off the oven. Let the oven cool till it is just a little warm, then place the bowl of dough in this warmed oven to rise.
At this point, if you want to make ahead, you can freeze the dough in an airtight container for up to two weeks.


Gratitude...  

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?