.

.
Reviews

.

.
DIY

.

.
Delights

Search This Blog

DIY: 3 Homemade Chamomile Hair Care Recipes

From the blog archive 2013 May 2

Chamomile is one of my favorite plants, and ohh! I love its smell. I had it written in my DIY list long time ago to self-prepare this natural flowers and make homemade products out of it like : shampoo, toner, oil and tea ext.. These plants are best known for their ability to be made into an infusion which is commonly used to help with sleep and is often served with honey or lemon, or both.  Besides the beautiful smell, Its also a great cure for the oily hair problems, the reason I am preparing these flowers today for my personal use as a natural way to get rid of oily hair.

Before you try this, you should be warned that it will lighten your hair. Most of your hair lightening products have chamomile in it. If you don't mind your hair getting a little lighter, then try these:









 DIY: Home-Made Chamomile Hair Care Recipes :

Chamomile Hair Shampoo 

4 teaspoons dried chamomile
½ cup boiling water
½ cup baby shampoo
Steep the chamomile in the hot water for 30 minutes
Strain and stir in the baby shampoo
Shampoo your hair as usual

Chamomile Leave-in Hair conditioner 

4 cups boiling water
½ cup chamomile dried chamomile
Steep the chamomile in the hot water for 15 minutes
Strain and set aside to cool
Meanwhile, shampoo your hair
Massage the chamomile tea into your hair
You may leave this in or rinse it out under cool water

Chamomile Hair Color Enhancer for Dyed Hair 

1 cup boiling hot water
2 heaping tablespoons dried chamomile
1/2 cup plain yogurt
7 drops lavender essential oil
Steep the chamomile in the hot water for 15 minutes.
Strain. Stir in the yogurt and lavender oil.
Mix thoroughly.
Apply the mixture to dry hair, massaging it in from the roots to the ends.
Cover hair in plastic cap for thirty minutes.
Shampoo your hair as usual


Enjoy it*


post signature

6 comments

  1. Nifty DIYs! Would it work with soy yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this article, and your blog!
    I'm already following you by blogger and bloglovin, please go to my blog and follow me back :)
    kisses!
    www.trendybloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che bel post

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these, I love Chamomile, I used to have a vinegar and chamomile rinse for my blonde hair - you've inspired me to start using again!

    Love your blog, would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know :)

    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete